PE Teacher & Coach - Elementary and Middle School
Type: Full Time - Faculty
Required Education: 4-Year Degree
James River Day School in Lynchburg, VA is seeking a full-time physical education teacher and coach for the 2018-19 school year.
Qualified candidates should be passionate about fitness education, health and wellness, and possess teaching and coaching experience. Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills required for team teaching, peer collaboration, and parent contact. Teachers should be prepared to collaborate with lead teacher and Athletic Director. This person will lead instruction for physical education in elementary and middle school classes. Salary is competitive with full benefits including retirement.Qualifications:
- Recent classroom teaching experience in grades K-5
- A bachelor's degree in a related field is required, with a strong preference for a concentration on elementary physical education; a master’s degree is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of current physical education curriculum and child development
- Coaching experience in at least one sport (cross country, soccer, volleyball, basketball, or lacrosse) is preferred
- Collaborative, flexible team player who understands and appreciates school life.
- Teach engaging and innovative PE classes for K-5 utilizing best practices in physical education.
- Complete rotating assigned duties
- Attend faculty meetings and any grade-related meetings within the school day
- Work with the department head to align Lower School curriculum with the Middle School
- Coordinate annual traditions such as Field Day and the Fourth Grade One-Miler
- The ideal candidate will coach at least one sport
Please reference the rest of our website for more information about James River Day School.
Please email a letter of interest, résumé, and three references to:
Peter Twadell, Head of Schoolemployment@jamesriverdayschool.org
James River Day school is an Equal Opportunity Employer.