Leave Coverage - Grade 3 Homeroom Position
Late March – End of School Year
Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills required for team teaching, peer collaboration, and parent contact. Teachers should be prepared to collaborate with Lower School Team Leader and lead instruction in the following subjects: a literature based reading program, a Sadlier Oxford Progress in Mathematics program, a creative and expository writing program, and a social studies program.
- Recent classroom teaching experience in grades 2, 3, 4, or 5
- Master's Degree preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of curriculum development and differentiated learning
- Ability to use technology in the classroom
- Provide general classroom instruction in language arts, math, and social studies or science
- Keep detailed records about student progress
- Write portions of student progress reports
- Be available to conference with parents on January 24 and on an as needed basis
- Share in the correcting of assignments
- Complete rotating assigned duties
- Attend Faculty Meetings and any grade-related meetings within the school day
Please explore our website for more information about our school.
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and three references to:
Peter Twadell, Head of School
James River Day school is an Equal Opportunity Employer.