James River Day School

Skip to main content
Please Create A Marquee

Tuition & Fees

An independent school education is an investment in the future. James River's educational programming is strongly supported through tuition dollars and generous donations (which are tax-deductible). To preserve the quality of our offerings, tuition costs have been set by our board as outline below.

Registration Fee: A $350 non-refundable registration fee is due with each student's contract. This fee will be applied to that student's tuition.

Tuition for 2018-2019
Kindergarten through 4th Grade: $11,225 per year
Grades 5-8: $11,800 per year

Financial Aid
James River Day School is committed to maintaining a socioeconomically diverse student body and does not want finances to hinder qualified students from applying. We encourage families to apply for admission even if they have questions about their ability to afford full tuition. For families demonstrating need, James River Day School is proud to provide financial assistance to over 20% of currently enrolled families. Please go to our financial aid page for further information.

Parents may choose from one of the following three payment plans.
  1. 100% due July 1.
  2. 60% due July 1, with the remaining 40% due January 15. A $50 administrative fee per child must be added to the July payment when choosing this plan.
  3. Make 10 monthly installments, beginning July 1, with subsequent payments due the first day of each month through April 1. A finance charge of 1.5% interest is added to the declining balance each month.
Additional Annual Fees are due July 1, and are set as follows.

Book and Supply Fee is $200 per student.
Building and Grounds Fee is $300 per student.
Activity Fee is $25 per student.

Optional Services
Bus Transportation to the Bedford/Forest Area
Round Trip is $850 per student for the year.
One Way is $425 per student for the year.

The Children's Center
(Fees Payable Monthly)
Morning Care (7:30 - 8:00 a.m.)
$2.50 per day, per student
Afternoon Care (3:00 - 5:30 p.m.)
$11 per student per day with a 10% discount applied to each additional child within a family.
Early dismissal half-days are $22 per student with a 10% discount for siblings.