Q: What do the funds from this raffle support?
A: All proceeds from this raffle support the Cardinal Annual Fund, which directly impacts James River's students and faculty by helping fund our programming.
Q: Does a raffle ticket purchase count towards parent participation in the Cardinal Annual Fund?
A: No, raffle tickets are not tax deductible and purchase will not impact parent participation in the Cardinal Annual Fund.
Q: Can only James River Day School families buy tickets?
A: The raffle is open to anyone 18 or older who would like to purchase a ticket, regardless of any affiliation with James River. This tuition prize may only be used for students currently enrolled at James River for the 2021-2022 school year as of 5/12/2021.
Q: What are the odds of winning?
A: A maximum of 300 tickets will be sold, so the odds will be 1:300 if all tickets sell.
Q: How can I purchase tickets?
A: Raffle tickets are being sold online here. Click the button below or in the left column to purchase yours!
If you prefer to purchase your raffle tickets by check, please email Michelle Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org to make those arrangements.
Q: How will I receive my raffle ticket?
A: Due to raffle permit and postal regulations, raffle tickets may not be mailed to their purchasers. You will receive, however, an email confirmation with your raffle ticket number(s).
Q: More questions?
A: Contact Michelle Davis, Director of Development, at email@example.com or (434) 384-7385.
Terms & Conditions
- Only 300 tickets will be sold. There is no limit to the number of tickets an individual may purchase. Tickets are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Ticket sales will run from April 20, 2021, at 6 pm through May 12, 2021, at 6 pm.
- One winner will be announced on May 14 , 2021, during a live drawing.
- The winner will receive a $5,000 credit for tuition (fees not included) for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Winner must provide the information to complete, and must sign, an IRS Form W-2G and is responsible for all tax liability. All federal, state, local taxes and requirements apply. James River Day School has no responsibility for any federal, state, or local tax liability of the winner.
- A minimum of 100 tickets must be sold. If fewer than 100 tickets are sold, the raffle becomes a 50/50 raffle. The total dollar amount of the proceeds will be split 50/50 between the winning raffle ticket holder and James River Day School, with the prize being applied to 2021-2022 tuition account of the winning ticket holder's choice.
- The tuition credit is good only for the 2021–2022 school year.
- No refund or compensation will be provided if the winning ticket holder withdraws a student from James River Day School without completing the full 2021-2022 school year.
- James River Day School’s Director of Development, Director of Communications, and Business Manager, along with their spouses or other immediate family, are not eligible to participate in or win this raffle.
- In the event that the winning ticket holder is eligible for financial assistance from James River Day School for the 2021-2022 school year, the value of the prize shall be equal to the remaining amount to be paid by the winning ticket holder after reduction from the financial aid package. Not to exceed $5,000.
- Financial assistance decisions will not be affected by the tuition raffle results.
- Raffle tickets are not tax deductible as a charitable contribution.
- All sales of raffle tickets are final. There will be no refunds.
- Raffle ticket purchases are available only to those persons 18 years or older.
- Each ticket shall represent an equal opportunity to win the raffle.
- Any personal information gathered in this raffle will not be shared with any third party, except as required by law.
- The odds of winning depend upon the number of tickets sold.
- The winner will be notified by phone and/or email by Saturday, May 15, 2021 .
- All proceeds of the raffle are for the benefit of James River Day School, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, registered with the Commonwealth of Virginia.