This has been an exciting summer for the library. Thank you to everyone who donated to the Bird Bash, making the heart of the school even better. I am thrilled to share with you some of the updates that have taken place over the past three months.
- Consulted a certified interior designer with extensive school experience to refine a zoned concept of instruction, study, research, and collaboration areas.
- Ordered new furniture from specialized seating and furniture firm.
- Six Media Technologies Engage lounge chairs for new collaboration zone
- Six Fomcare Step Series Soft Seating units for lower school zone
- Six Academia Surge Desks with adjustable height for research center
- One Media Technologies GTX Desk for circulation desk
- Eight Fomcore Crescent ottomans
- Rearranged non-fiction bookcases to facilitate an open concept.
- Thank you to four fantastic young volunteers who moved all the books and bookcases. Your help is much appreciated.
- Refreshed READ mural.
- Local artists Sonny Harlow and Megan Davies added new items and extended the mural.
- Painted side wall to match new furniture and balance the mural.
- Patched carpet.
- Ordered new solar shades for the library and library office.
- Ordered a new Promethean Board.
- Transformed library office into a makerspace.
- Incorporated existing oak tables and chairs for study center.
- Identified a potential Nature Zone.
Please note these action items are a work in progress and evolving over the next couple of months. We will keep you updated as the Taylor Media Center continues to grow. Stop by and see us!
Media Center Coordinator