As the holidays draw near, we are approaching the halfway point in the school year, and this is significant for our 8th graders. With one semester left at James River, they begin looking ahead with nerves and excitement to the next chapter in their educational journey. They will take with them the skills, character, and love of learning instilled during their time at James River, and no matter where they attend high school, our students will have a firm foundation upon which to build further success.
I believe that our K-8 educational model plays an important role in our students’ success.
- Eighth graders are our leaders, and they see themselves that way. They are role models for the younger children, and they are not drawn toward imitating high school behaviors.
- Students receive an incredible continuity of service. They are well known by everyone, and this ensures deep support for all students.
- The developmental needs of the whole child, from age 5-14, are met. As a result, we prepare kids for ANY high school.
These are some of the things that high schools say about James River graduates. They are:
- Leaders who can work well with and motivate others
- Problem solvers who are not afraid of challenge
- Communicators who can advocate for themselves and others
- Trustworthy, honest, caring, responsible, respectful, and fair
A James River education is an investment in your child’s future that produces life-long returns. With the skills and qualities of character they acquire, the foundation your child builds at James River will set them up for success in high school and beyond. At James River, we develop confident scholars, resilient leaders, and compassionate citizens--who impact the world.