Thank you to everyone who responded to our recent survey. You were asked, “On a scale of 0 to 10 (with 0 being “not likely at all” and 10 being “extremely likely”), how likely are you to recommend James River to a friend or family member?”
This quick, one-question survey is an important measurement for us. Taking the pulse of our school community can help to validate that our efforts each and every day are hitting the mark. We want you, our families, to be satisfied and the children to be learning happily and well.
The results were overwhelming. Out of 197 total responses, 182 gave ratings of 8, 9, or 10.
This survey instrument is commonly used by independent schools and industry standards consider our results to be “world-class”! I agree, James River Day School is world-class. From our faculty and staff to our students and parents, our community is thriving and we appreciate your support and feedback. We are always striving to improve, but we should also take a minute to be proud of our school and celebrate our success.
Enjoy some of the wonderful quotes collected through the survey and please, tell our story and recommend James River to a friend or family member.
- We couldn’t be happier [with what] we, as a family, have experienced thus far at JRDS. We truly feel like we are a part of a family!
- If I have an issue, I feel comfortable voicing my concerns. The outcome has always been that we work together to make it better. You can’t put a price tag on that.
- From small class sizes, experiential learning, relationships fostered, and the dedication to each student, and more, we have continuously had our decision to choose JRDS validated.
- I have and will continue to recommend JRDS to prospective parents. It is the best decision we could have made for our children.
- This school has consistently met and exceeded my expectations regardless of the circumstances whether they be trials or tribulations and this is a kind of pivot that I do not believe exists in any other school in the area.
- JRDS is a school that upholds high standards of learning while taking into account each student's needs. Students and teachers are loved, supported, and excel.
- We love JRDS. We've been very happy with the school. Our kids are flourishing and I think they feel very supported.
- I am so happy with the progress my son has made in little time at JRDS. Regular feedback, the teachers’ interactions with parents, and homework--all have helped a lot. Thank you!
- Academic rigor plus incredible support = 10
- The best school we have in Lynchburg!!