A James River Graduate
A James River graduate demonstrates:
- grade-level or above academic achievement.
- strong reading, writing, mathematical, and problem-solving skills.
- an understanding of how scientists study the world and how historians study the past.
- familiarity with a second language.
- an appreciation for the fine and performing arts.
- the ability to do an effective oral presentation.
- strong study skills.
- behavior that is trustworthy, honest, caring, responsible, respectful, and fair.
- the ability to work in a group, to be a contributing member of a team.
- familiarity with the use of technology for research, communication, and presentation.
- an understanding of the importance of lifelong fitness.
- the self-discipline and self-confidence that results from participating on an athletic team, in a musical group, or in a dramatic production.
- the leadership qualities of initiative, perseverance, tolerance, and integrity.
- a dedication to being a good steward of the environment.
- the ability to see and appreciate multiple viewpoints, cultures, styles, and opinions.
- dedication to connecting and contributing to both local and global communities.