James River Day School cherishes children and challenges them to become scholars, leaders, and citizens for the 21st century, in a community of academic excellence.
As scholars, James River students ...
- read and write well.
- think mathematically.
- develop skills needed to pursue scientific research and engineering.
- use technology for research and presentation.
- approach learning with intellectual curiosity and dedication.
- tackle challenging problems with creativity and precision.
- employ multiple perspectives in research and analysis.
- engage in strategic and critical thinking, experimentation and creative hands-on learning.
As leaders, James River students …
- listen carefully and collaborate with others.
- are innovative and seek multiple solutions to challenges.
- are honest and promote a sense of fair play.
- seek additional responsibility and fulfill responsibilities cheerfully.
- stand up for what's right and confront injustice.
As citizens, James River students …
- develop the ability to see and respect multiple viewpoints.
- develop the skills and flexibility necessary to thrive in a changing world.
- connect and contribute to the local and global communities.
- are good stewards of the environment.
- practice tolerance through the appreciation of diverse cultures, styles and opinions in our school, community, nation and the world.